It is just not sufficient to hold an aadhar card. Considering its wide use and benefits, it is significant to update it with your correct personal details. The UIDAI status self-service portal for aadhar update allows users to update their personal details by themselves. Change or correct the details and upload the supporting documents online. We have shared here a brief procedure to update your UID. Also, know the details that you can change in your major identity proof without visiting aadharkendra. Users who cannot change the details online, can change the details by sending the form and necessary documents to UIDAI by post.
Update Aadhar Online
Visit the official page of UIDAI site at ssup.uidai.gov.in or self-service update portal. You need to keep your UID number and personal details for correction ready with you. Follow the below steps and complete the procedure of aadhar update:
1. Type your 12 digits UID number.
2. Type the captcha code as show to get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
3. Give a click on ‘Send OTP.’ You will receive the password on your existing mobile number which is registered with aadhar.
4. Type the OTP to move to the next page.
5. You will be entering the details which need update on this page.
6. Select the fields you need to change and select mobile number if want to update it.
7. Click submit and enter the correct or new details.
8. After verifying and proceeding further, you will get an Update Request Number known as URN.
9. Save or take a print-out of the URN.
10. You can track aadhar update status using your URN.
If you have not registered your mobile number with aadhar at all, visit the nearest aadhar card update. Or send update request online or by post. You need to send the filled up and signed form with self-attested copies of supporting documents to the UIDAI Chindwara or Hyderabad office.
The update of aadhar is significant if you want to link your aadhar with other facilities like PAN card, bank account etc. Your aadhar can be seeded with other governmental programs only if your aadhar details match with the details registered in your pan card application documents. Stay updated on several procedures related to major identity documents.