Getting your name corrected in the PAN card is an easy online process. As the date of e-filing is coming close, it is recommended that you correct any discrepancy in your PAN card. With any errors in your name, you will not be able to fill ITR. We have shared here a procedure to update details in your PAN card. A small mistake in your PAN card details may lead to a delay in your ITR procedure. With the guidelines given here, you will be able to correct any mistake in your name and other personal details. You can do it from the comfort of your home or office desk.
The procedure is online and will take only a few minutes. Income Tax Department has nominated leading financial service providers for issuing PAN cards. You can download the PAN card correction form from the official portals of NSDL, UTI or e-Mudhra. We have shown here procedure of correcting your Name in PAN card through NSDL portal.
Download PAN Correction Form
Follow the given steps to update your Name in your PAN card.
- Visit the NSDL portal at: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html
- Select your applicable entity from the given options at the bottom of this page.
- Click on “select” button to proceed further.
- Provide your PAN Card number and start filling up the form online.
- You can follow the instructions by following buttons for guidelines and instructions at the top of the PAN Card Application or Correction Form.
- Once you fill up all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
If you are carrying out the procedure of changing your name in PAN at UTI portal, choose the Change for Request form. You can also track the status of correction in your PAN card after few days.
Download PAN Change Request Form at UTI portal
Follow the below steps to download PAN Change Request form:
- Click here: UTI
- The menu bar at the home page of UTI portal will show a Download item.
- Move your cursor to the Download.
- Select the CSF Form (Change Request Application Form)
- You can download the form in a PDF format.
It will not be a problem filling up the form with the instructions available with the form. Just be sure to mention your PAN Card number correctly in the form.
The fees towards correction of UIDAI Status can be check online. Or a Demand Draft can be sent along with the documents to the office of the nodal through which you have applied for correction. After the online submission of the form, an acknowledgement receipt will be generated. Send the acknowledgement receipt, proof of identity, and proof of residence and date of birth to the NSDL office. Do not forget to mention on the envelop – Application for PAN Change Request – N – mention the 15 digit acknowledgement number. Preserve your 15 digit acknowledgement number. It will be required when you want to track the status of your application for correction. Stay connected with us for all useful procedures related to PAN card and Aadhar Card.